Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It must be hard to be management...

Today I was lucky enough to witness management at work. My co-worker has been sitting right next to a director discussing... not a new program to introduce, not an impending project that will revolutionize our department/company/industry... no, they were discussing a diagram. A diagram that could be made in 20 seconds as it only has five elements that need to be linked to each other in a circle. Easy right? NO! They arrows used did not represent what we wanted to show, the circles enclosing the elements were too bubbly or not bubbly enough. The direction seemed ridged and robotic, or too curvy and liberal. These are not my terms, I just overheard them.

Apparently, this single diagram, showing that five elements are linked, is so important that the directors have had day long meetings about it. Using up vast amounts of time, theirs and ours.

I must be retarded because I cannot fathom how this diagram is so important as to warrant all-day meetings. I am so lucky to have a management team that truly knows what's important and prioritizes all tasks to reflect as such. As a retarded peon my opinion is uneducated, and holds no relevance to the subject at hand. Thank god for upper management!

No comments:

Post a Comment